Thursday, February 27, 2014

First Slice

I'm putting off my pie-baking until Sunday, because we're having an Oscar party for work and I'm going to make a vegan blueberry cobbler. The blueberries are like turkey after Thanksgiving; I have to figure out ways to use all my leftovers. I've been having blueberry yogurt smoothies for breakfast, and last night I made blueberry muffins, and I know I'll still have enough for Sunday's pie.

I feel like this.
Yesterday, on my way to the grocery store I stopped by a little cafe I love called First Slice. It's a cafe with a mission to make homemade meals for the homeless and needy. I had a slice of their cherry pie and a cup of coffee, black. It felt good to be inside, looking out. The sun's been shining but it remains so cold. The pie was tart and tasty, but I didn't feel down on my pies like I expected. I like the idea of putting pies to good use, like First Slice.

I'm going to write about the vegan pie when I've made it and shared it.

No comments:

Post a Comment