Thursday, September 18, 2014

Cranberry-Nut Pie


I have retreated to the other end of the apartment to hide from the workmen whose head-splitting drill sporadically screeches. The only surface I have to roll out dough is our dining room table, which is where they are working, doing something mysterious having to do with pipes and our water pressure (which is currently rather lackluster). So I rolled out my crust, from dough I made according to my coworker's recipe (which is a gorgeous gold and so easy to work with!), and threw together the most pathetic-looking lattice (it took two attempts, the second not noticeably better than the first), and then high-tailed it out of there.

I made a cranberry-nut pie today, which seemed like another great fall flavor. I'm also looking forward to pumpkin and pecan pies! It was impossible to find the fresh cranberries the recipe called for, so instead I used two jars of whole cranberry sauce, which cut out half of the preparation time. Hope that works out. I then forgot to mix in the nuts and raisins, so I ended up mixing them in after the cranberry sauce was in the pie crust.

No matter the mistakes made in the process, it smells delicious baking, and bubbles enticingly out of the oven. I will take it to Mitch's house to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment